As a pivotal part of the local community, our Executive Committee understands the importance of inspiring our staff to deliver outstanding service.
Daniel A. Hostettler
President & Group Managing Director
Daniel A. Hostettler was appointed as President and Managing Director during the resort’s development in 2009. A hospitality executive with 20 years of luxury hotel and restaurant industry experience, Hostettler has been instrumental in the development, growth and management of, as well as the service delivery within, Ocean House and its sister property, Weekapaug Inn. Hostettler’s responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day operations as well as the long-term strategic vision for the properties.
Hostettler’s distinguished career in international hospitality includes the development and management of hotels, restaurants, residential components and private clubs; including overseeing leading landmark hotel and resort properties across the United States and Europe.
• President and Managing Director of Lajitas – The Ultimate Hideout, an independently-owned, Mobil Four-Star, AAA Four Diamond, Leading Hotel of the World and Preferred Hotel of the World property in Lajitas, Texas. At Lajitas, he oversaw development and implementation of architecture, interior design, construction and branding of the property, including its championship golf course and country club, world-class spa, and residential community, as well as its equestrian, shooting and hunting facilities. During his tenure, Lajitas’ annual revenues and occupancy swelled by more than 20 percent annually.
• Managing Director at La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa in Santa Fe, N.M., and the Summer Lodge Hotel and Spa in Dorset, England, luxury resorts and members of Preferred Hotels and Resorts and Relais &Chateaux.
• Previously, Hostettler held a variety of positions with Meadowood resort in Napa Valley, and was part of the opening team of The Peninsula, Beverly Hills a Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond Property.
• Successfully participated in the opening of five luxury properties.
Awards & Accolades
• Rhode Island Hotelier of the Year, 2011
• U.S. Hotelier of the Year, 2011
Community Involvement / Associations
• Member, Cornell Hotel Society
• Board Member, Rhode Island Hospitality Association
• Board Member, South County Tourism Bureau
• Fellow, Gerson Lehrman Group – Leisure & Lodging Council
• Member, Urban Land Institute
• Member, Resort Managers of America
• Member, American Hotel and Lodging Association
Publications/Teaching & Lecturing
• Strategic Positioning of a Luxury Hotel Product: Hotel Investments Issues and Perspective, Text, 5th Edition
• Case Study & Chapter: Managing Guest Services in Hospitality, Wiley 1st Edition
• Visiting Professor, Johnson & Wales University
• Visiting Lecturer, Boston University, School of Hotel & Restaurant Administration
Education & Training
• BSBA Hotel & Restaurant Management, University of Denver
• BSBA Finance, University of Denver
• GMP, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
• CDP, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
• Certified Hotel Administrator, American Hotel & Motel Association
• Grew up and was educated in Europe and as a result is fluent in Swiss-German, and conversational in French and Spanish, in addition to English
• Lives with his wife and two young children in Westerly, Rhode Island
Director of Rooms
Resort Manager & Group Director of Operations
Antonia Korosec brings more than 10 years of international experience in the luxury hotel and private club industry. Before returning to Ocean House as Resort Manager, Ms. Korosec was the Innkeeper at Weekapaug Inn. Previously, she worked as Assistant Managing Director and Director of Rooms at Ocean House.
• Assistant Managing Director at Hotel Le Grand Paradis, an upscale ski resort in Val d’Isere, France
• Executive Assistant to the President and Assistant Hotel Director (Rooms Division) at Lajitas — The Ultimate Hideout, an independently owned Forbes Four-Star, AAA Four Diamond, Leading Hotel of the World and Preferred Hotel of the World in Lajitas, Texas
• Food and Beverage and Club House Manager at the Yacht Club de Monaco in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
Education & Training
• Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management from Ecole Hotelier de Lausanne in Switzerland.
• Born in Monte Carlo, Monaco
• Fluent in French, English, German and Spanish.
Group Director of Leisure Sales & Strategic Partnerships
Before even graduating from high school, Christine Smith made her entrance into the world of hospitality. In May 2012, she joined the Ocean House team as Guest Relations Manager, rising quickly through the ranks to the position of Director of Rooms in October of 2013 and then Group Director of Leisure Sales & Strategic Partnerships in 2015. As Group Director Ms. Smith loves to share her expertise and enthusiasm for adventure and travel.
• Worked as Front Desk Supervisor at The Grand Del Mar for more than two years. In August 2010, promoted to Night Manager.
• Night Manager at Robins Nest & Catering in New Jersey.
Education & Training
• Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management (HRIM) Degree from Mercyhurst College in Pennsylvania
• Raised in a family of five girls in New Jersey
• Played field hockey in college
Group Director of Human Resources
Alice Brennan brings more than 20 years of human resources experience in the hotel and private club industry. As a part of the Ocean House opening team, Ms. Brennan has been instrumental in setting the level of excellence for employees and the company’s stalwart for achieving the Forbes Five Star designation. She has since helped open Weekapaug Inn and Watch Hill Inn.
• Director of Human Resources at Cheeca Lodge and Hawks Cay Resorts in the Florida Keys
• Started her career in human resources with Cunard Line, one of the world’s premier ocean liner companies
• Opened one luxury private liner, The World, two hotels and was instrumental in the reorganization of two luxury properties.
• Point person for Cunard Line’s home office move from New York to Miami
Education & Training
• Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification, the senior-most certification for those demonstrating a strategic mastery of human resources
• Born in Roselle, New Jersey
• One of nine children