El Reposo, (the house of rest.) Amission style dwelling with stucco façade. Built by the famous architect E.F. Gilbert of New York, at the turn of the century for the well-known Babcock family. Synonymous with the Babcock and Wilcox Company whose steam boilers powered New York’s first subway and whose company continues to exist today, a hundred and fifty years later. El Reposo is a house rich in history, as well as charm and beauty. Situated on a hill with views of the majestic Atlantic Ocean, Fishers Island and Block Island Sound. Located minutes from the heart of Watch Hill Village with all its amenities, including shopping, restaurants and white sand beaches.
The front entrance includes an open verandah with gas grill and outdoor seating. The entry way includes original stained glass. The first floor features a dining room for seating up to 6 people. A traditional living room with a queen sleeper sofa and grand piano perfect for entertaining. Adjacent to the living room is a library, 2 sitting rooms, one with a television and sun room. A half bath is located off the living room.
Open kitchen with oversize pantry and wet bar and washer & dryer. Off kitchen to foyer are stairs that lead you down to a bonus room which includes bar, game table, powder room and outdoor shower.
The second floor encompasses 6 bedrooms. The master bedroom has a king bed with Terrace and Ocean Views. The second & third bedroom features (2) twin bedrooms with oversize windows to let in natural light. Fourth bedroom features King Bed and a Juliet Balcony with garden views. Fifth Bedroom features a twin bed. Sixth Bedroom features a Queen Bed with private bathroom with a claw foot tub and vanity (no shower). Of the second floor hallway are (2) full bathrooms featuring single vanities and showers.
Due to limited availability, this cottage is unavailable to book online.
Please contact Destination Services directly at 855.678.0364 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
• Check-in is 4:00 p.m.
• Check-out is 10:00 a.m.
• Requests for early check-in and late check-out must be approved in advance by our VIP Relations Manager
• Rental Information
• Location: 2 Yosemite Drive, Watch Hill, Rhode Island 02891
• Size: 9,000 Square feet
• Bedrooms: 6
• Baths: 4 full, 2 half
• Sleeps: 12
• Master Suite – King Bed
• Bedroom Two – Two Twin Beds
• Bedroom Three – Two Twin Beds
• Bedroom Four – King Bed
• Bedroom Five – Twin Bed
• Bedroom Six – Queen Bed
Queen Sleeper Sofa
Each of our cottages offer the following amenities:
• Full kitchen with state-of-the-art appliances
• Gracious living and dining areas
• Expansive deck or terrace
• Luxurious linens
• Cable TV, wireless internet, DVD players, stereo and telephone
• Dedicated Cottage Concierge to personalize your visit
• Temporary Ocean House and Weekapaug Inn membership with full access to resort dining, private beach, fitness and spa facilities, children's programs and golf.
• Recreational amenities
• Resort activities