As a pivotal part of the local community, our Hotel Executive Committee understands the importance of inspiring our staff to deliver outstanding service.
Daniel A. Hostettler - President & Group Managing Director
Daniel A. Hostettler was appointed as President and Managing Director during the resort’s development in 2009. A hospitality executive with 20 years of luxury hotel and restaurant industry experience, Hostettler has been instrumental in the development, growth and management of, as well as the service delivery within, Ocean House and its sister property, Weekapaug Inn. Hostettler’s responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day operations as well as the long-term strategic vision for the properties.
Hostettler’s distinguished career in international hospitality includes the development and management of hotels, restaurants, residential components and private clubs; including overseeing leading landmark hotel and resort properties across the United States and Europe.
• President and Managing Director of Lajitas – The Ultimate Hideout, an independently-owned, Mobil Four-Star, AAA Four Diamond, Leading Hotel of the World and Preferred Hotel of the World property in Lajitas, Texas. At Lajitas, he oversaw development and implementation of architecture, interior design, construction and branding of the property, including its championship golf course and country club, world-class spa, and residential community, as well as its equestrian, shooting and hunting facilities. During his tenure, Lajitas’ annual revenues and occupancy swelled by more than 20 percent annually.
• Managing Director at La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa in Santa Fe, N.M., and the Summer Lodge Hotel and Spa in Dorset, England, luxury resorts and members of Preferred Hotels and Resorts and Relais &Chateaux.
• Previously, Hostettler held a variety of positions with Meadowood resort in Napa Valley, and was part of the opening team of The Peninsula, Beverly Hills a Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond Property.
• Successfully participated in the opening of five luxury properties.
Awards & Accolades
• Rhode Island Hotelier of the Year, 2011
• U.S. Hotelier of the Year, 2011
Community Involvement / Associations
Antonia Korosec - General Manager, Ocean House
Antonia Korosec brings more than 10 years of international experience in the luxury hotel and private club industry. Before returning to Ocean House as Resort Manager, Ms. Korosec was the Innkeeper at Weekapaug Inn. Previously, she worked as Assistant Managing Director and Director of Rooms at Ocean House.
• Assistant Managing Director at Hotel Le Grand Paradis, an upscale ski resort in Val d’Isere, France
• Executive Assistant to the President and Assistant Hotel Director (Rooms Division) at Lajitas — The Ultimate Hideout, an independently owned Forbes Four-Star, AAA Four Diamond, Leading Hotel of the World and Preferred Hotel of the World in Lajitas, Texas
• Food and Beverage and Club House Manager at the Yacht Club de Monaco in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
Education & Training
• Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management from Ecole Hotelier de Lausanne in Switzerland.
• Born in Monte Carlo, Monaco
• Fluent in French, English, German and Spanish.
Steven Souls - GROUP DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Steven Souls brings over 30 years of financial management experience in the resort industry. Steven joined Ocean House Management Collection as the Group Director of Finance in April, 2016.
• Director of Finance at The Equinox, a AAA Four Diamond luxury collection golf resort and spa located in Manchester, Vermont.
• Director of Finance at Stonewall and Glade Springs Resorts, two luxury properties in the Benchmark Hospitality collection.
• Director of Finance at Lake Placid Resort, an iconic golf resort in Lake Placid, New York.
• Director of Finance at Daufuskie Island Club & Resort.
• Member, Hospitality Financial & Technology Professions (HFTP).
• Former Board Member & Treasurer, Tritons Swim Club and Northshire Hockey Association.
Education & Training
• BS Accounting, Plymouth State University
• Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA), American Hotel & Motel Association
Matt Voskuil - EXECUTIVE CHEF
Chef Matt joined Ocean House with more than 25 years of culinary experience. He most recently served as Executive Chef and director of food & beverage at the Chanler in Newport where he helped launch two new restaurants. He previously led culinary teams for 10 years in some of the most notable destinations in Las Vegas, including positions with Venetian Resort and Casino, Joel Robuchon at The Mansion, Eiffel Tower Restaurant and Wynn Resorts. Chef Matt’s restaurant experience also includes positions as sous chef and executive chef in Chicago.
He began his professional career as executive chef at Canoe Bay, a Relais & Chateaux property in Wisconsin.
Chef Matt received his culinary arts degree from Kendall College, Illinois. In his free time, he loves to read, golf and is a fan of motorcycle racing. He and his family reside in Rhode Island.
Gabrielle Clark - Director of Food and Beverage
In late 2019 Gabrielle Clark joined Ocean House from Kokomo Private Island resort in Fiji, where she was food & beverage director. Prior to that, she served as beverage director during the opening of Washington D.C.’s stylish Watergate Hotel and held previous roles across the United States, from Fontainebleau Miami Beach to The Little Nell in Aspen.
Louis Shapazian - Director of Rooms
Louis Shapazian began his hospitality career at the Boston Harbor Hotel, followed by roles with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts in Vail, CO and Las Vegas, NV. Then came a series of roles at Ocean House, including Guest Relations Manager, Assistant Director of Housekeeping and Member Relations & Guest Experience Director before being appointed Director of Rooms in 2019.
Colleen Price - Director of Group Sales and Catering
A veteran in the hospitality field, Colleen Price has over 20 years of experience in the luxury hotel market, with responsibilities including catering management, conference services and sales and marketing. Most recently Colleen worked the Boston market at The Colonnade Hotel.
Anne Reynolds - Group Director, Human Resources
Anne Reynolds joined Ocean House Management Collection in May 2020 after thirteen years as Human Resources Director at Stratton Mountain in Stratton, VT. Previous human resources positions included Boca Raton Resort & Club and Bahia Mar Beach Resort.
Devon Pignataro - LUXURY SALES EXECUTIVE
Devon Pignataro serves as the Luxury Sales Executive at Ocean House. Prior to this position, she was the President & Managing Director’s Executive Assistant from November 2015 – March 2019.
• Joined the Ocean House team in March 2015 as a Guest Relations Agent
• Executive Assistant to the President & Managing Director
Education & Training
• Bachelors Degree in Communications and Business from the University of Rhode Island
• Loves the Rhode Island area and its many beaches
• Thoroughly enjoys hospitality and creating special moments for guests
• Appreciates traveling and is a New England sports fan
Alice Brennan - Group Director of Recruiting
Alice Brennan brings more than 20 years of human resources experience in the hotel and private club industry. As a part of the Ocean House opening team, Ms. Brennan has been instrumental in setting the level of excellence for employees and the company’s stalwart for achieving the Forbes Five Star designation. She has since helped open Weekapaug Inn and Watch Hill Inn.
• Director of Human Resources at Cheeca Lodge and Hawks Cay Resorts in the Florida Keys
• Started her career in human resources with Cunard Line, one of the world’s premier ocean liner companies
• Opened one luxury private liner, The World, two hotels and was instrumental in the reorganization of two luxury properties.
• Point person for Cunard Line’s home office move from New York to Miami
Education & Training
• Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification, the senior-most certification for those demonstrating a strategic mastery of human resources
• Born in Roselle, New Jersey
• One of nine children