As a pivotal part of the local community, our Hotel Executive Committee understands the importance of inspiring our staff to deliver outstanding service.
Steven Souls - GROUP DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Steven Souls brings over 30 years of financial management experience in the resort industry. Steven joined Ocean House Management Collection as the Group Director of Finance in April, 2016.
• Director of Finance at The Equinox, a AAA Four Diamond luxury collection golf resort and spa located in Manchester, Vermont.
• Director of Finance at Stonewall and Glade Springs Resorts, two luxury properties in the Benchmark Hospitality collection.
• Director of Finance at Lake Placid Resort, an iconic golf resort in Lake Placid, New York.
• Director of Finance at Daufuskie Island Club & Resort.
• Member, Hospitality Financial & Technology Professions (HFTP).
• Former Board Member & Treasurer, Tritons Swim Club and Northshire Hockey Association.
Education & Training
• BS Accounting, Plymouth State University
• Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA), American Hotel & Motel Association
Louis Shapazian - Resort Manager
Louis Shapazian began his hospitality career at the Boston Harbor Hotel, followed by roles with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts in Vail, CO and Las Vegas, NV. Then came a series of roles at Ocean House, including Guest Relations Manager, Assistant Director of Housekeeping and Member Relations & Guest Experience Director before being appointed Director of Rooms in 2019.
Gabrielle Clark - Group Director of Food and Beverage Operations
In late 2019 Gabrielle Clark joined Ocean House from Kokomo Private Island resort in Fiji, where she was food & beverage director. Prior to that, she served as beverage director during the opening of Washington D.C.’s stylish Watergate Hotel and held previous roles across the United States, from Fontainebleau Miami Beach to The Little Nell in Aspen.
Matt Voskuil - EXECUTIVE CHEF
Chef Matt joined Ocean House with more than 25 years of culinary experience. He most recently served as Executive Chef and director of food & beverage at the Chanler in Newport where he helped launch two new restaurants. He previously led culinary teams for 10 years in some of the most notable destinations in Las Vegas, including positions with Venetian Resort and Casino, Joel Robuchon at The Mansion, Eiffel Tower Restaurant and Wynn Resorts. Chef Matt’s restaurant experience also includes positions as sous chef and executive chef in Chicago.
He began his professional career as executive chef at Canoe Bay, a Relais & Chateaux property in Wisconsin.
Chef Matt received his culinary arts degree from Kendall College, Illinois. In his free time, he loves to read, golf and is a fan of motorcycle racing. He and his family reside in Rhode Island.