One of the most iconic cottages in Watch Hill, The Oceanic is known for its towering and prominent position, its beautiful fieldstone construction and stone-walled terrace.
Just steps away from Ocean House and the beach, The Oceanic is a memorable and impressive destination for entertainment, meetings, corporate retreats and large family gatherings. Guests can enjoy the amenities of a new home combined with the charm of a historic residence.
It is only fitting that this cottage is named The Oceanic because of its distinguished structure, location and breathtaking ocean views.
The original cottage, known as House on the Hill, dates back to the turn of the century. To bring the residence to its current grandeur, The Oceanic was thoughtfully designed by Architect Meg Lyons, the lead project manager on the historic rebuild of The Ocean House.
This cottage features more than 10,400 square feet of elegant living space, including nine bedrooms and 11 bathrooms. Seven of the bedrooms have en suite bathrooms. The distinguished tower of The Oceanic is a one-of-a-kind office, with stunning water views.
The Oceanic also offers a large meeting (or play) space on the lower level, in addition to a screening room and a gym. For the convenience of guests, there is an elevator on the first two levels of the residence.
To allow residents to enjoy the scenic views and lovely Watch Hill outdoors, The Oceanic offers a private pool and spa on the East Lawn, in addition to two screened porches, another open porch and two decks, one with 360 degree views. There is also an outdoor shower to wash off the ocean beach sand at the end of the day.
The interiors are beautifully and professionally done with tones of blues, grays, whites and other nautical colors. The main room on the first level, is a well-designed opened concept area with a living room, dining room, bar and kitchen, equipped with the best available appliances.
Due to limited availability, this cottage is unavailable to book online.
Please contact Destination Services directly at 855.678.0364 or [email protected] to make a reservation.
• Check-in is 4:00 p.m.
• Check-out is 10:00 a.m.
• Requests for early check-in and late check-out must be approved in advance by our VIP Relations Manager
• Rental Information
• Location: 9 Westerly Road,
Watch Hill, RI 02891
• Size: 10,400 square feet
• Bedrooms: nine
• Baths: 11
• Sleeps: 17-18
- Primary Suite – California King Bed
- South Guest Suite – King Bed
- Bedroom 3. – King Bed
- Bedroom 4 – Queen Bed
- Bedroom 5 – Queen Bed
- Bedroom 6 – Queen Bed
- Bedroom 7 – Queen Bed
- Bedroom 8 – Twin Daybed with Trundle
- Bedroom 9 – Full Daybed
Each of our cottages offer the following amenities:
• Full kitchen with state-of-the-art appliances
• Gracious living and dining areas
• Luxurious linens
• Cable TV, wireless internet, DVD players, stereo and telephone
• Dedicated Cottage Concierge to personalize your visit
• Temporary Ocean House membership with full access to resort dining, private beach, fitness and spa facilities, children's programs and golf.
• Temporary partial Weekapaug Inn membership with access to resort activities and dining.*
• Recreational amenities
• Resort activities
*The pool, beach, and fitness center at Weekapaug Inn are for Weekapaug Inn guests only.